SMG Part time Event Staff in Bossier City, Louisiana
Under general supervision, performs various duties in connection with scheduled events. Duties will vary between facility
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as ticket taker and/or usher distributing programs and escorting patrons to their appropriate seats.
- Assist with last minute pre-event needs, such as setting-up, decorating, finding materials, etc.
- Provide special accommodations for wheelchairs and other physically handicapped patrons, senior citizens, students
- and groups.
- Act as a parking attendant, directing traffic, and watching over lot to ensure security.
- During day-to-day operations, provide information and assisting visitors and patrons.
- Work extended or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in
- the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED and one to three months related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Physical requirements include the ability to communicate verbally and to be able to move around facility.
- Position requires step climbing, walking; indoor and outdoor working conditions; irregular hours.
- Majority of work is indoors.
- May require being outside during adverse weather.
- May be exposed to a high noise level for extended periods of time, related to event type.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
This position requires working extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled