SMG Part time Operations Staff in Bossier City, Louisiana
Under general supervision, performs work as needed to clean, maintain and prepare for events at the facility. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for events. Duties may include setting up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, operable walls, barricades, staging, tables, other furnishings and equipment.
- Perform various duties to ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility are met. These include but are not limited to loading/unloading delivery trucks, transporting trash and waste to proper disposal area and replenishing supplies.
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as painting, patching, relamping, replacing ceiling tile, replacing filters, etc.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage, loss of property and safety concerns promptly to supervisor.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversions, typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility and proper use and care of hand power tools.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
Follow oral and written instructions.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED and one to three months related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read words and numbers in printed form and on a computer
- Ability to speak clearly with proper diction
- Walk/stand for extended periods during a shift
- Climb stairs and lift up to 50 lbs of equipment
- Hearing sufficient to clearly hear voices, alarms, bells, and horns
- Ability to travel by automobile
- Ability to use standard office equipment
- Majority of work is indoors
- May require being outside during adverse weather
- May be exposed to a high noise level for extended periods of time, related to event type
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- This position requires working extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
APPLY: Please Apply on Career Center.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled