C&J Energy Mechanic IV in Marshall, Texas
C&J Energy Services is one of the most dynamic companies in the oilfield services industry. We are an energetic, fast-moving leader, offering the most in-demand services and operating in the hottest shale regions. Our company went public in 2011 and has since grown more than 400%. Our rapid success allows us to offer great opportunities at all levels of our company, which is why the best people in the business want to join our ranks. Perhaps you will be the next.
JOB TITLE: Mechanic - IV
Under little to no direct supervision, the fourth level Maintenance Mechanic, performs maintenance on all company equipment and provides guidance and oversight to entry level or less experienced mechanics. The individual in this job role knows and follows required processing of paperwork and computer applications and is able to perform all shop duties and able to take over the duties of the Shop Foreman in his absence.
- Must be able to perform and complete, without fault, all Essential Functions required of Entry -- Level 3 Mechanic positions.
- Obtains certifications in at least the following areas:
- Lifting paths
- Electronics Calibration
- Pumping Iron
- Lifting Slings
- Assist with equipment function checks at the facility
- Possesses skills to operate various company specific equipment
- Possesses skills to identify, maintain and troubleshoot equipment including but not limited to sensors and final controls, injector and BOP inspections and repairs and complete cargo inspections.
- Must be able to certify and inspect, keeping in compliance with DOT regulations
- Begins to learn line instrumentation systems (introduction).
- Working understanding of MyMaintenance and MyAssests applications within the myNabors system.
- Performs and oversees maintenance on all equipment under minimal supervision.
- Has familiarity with company purchasing processes and policies
- Takes an active and lead role in mentoring entry and lower level mechanics during repairs
- Works under little to no direct supervision with freedom to act in regards to work methodology and schedule.
- Continually emphasize safety. Participate or lead safety meetings, hazard hunts and ensures JSA's are followed.
- Know, follow and periodically review the requirements established by job policy and procedure. Follow established procedures and guidelines
- Report unsafe acts, conditions or hazards immediately
- Follow instructions given by supervisory personnel.
- Requires maintained eligibility to drive company vehicles.
- Develops an understanding of district goals and works towards meeting those objectives.
- Performs work on his/her own as well as provides assistance to other employees as directed.
- Must participate in all company provided training.
- Maintains compliance with public laws and company policies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Pass the company's drug screen.
- Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment". (if applicable)
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Must meet Competency Task List requirements for job role and complete Equipment Maintenance Task List having demonstrated skill/knowledge in the following areas:
- Sensors and final controls
- Injector and BOP inspections and repairs
- Complete cargo inspections
- Must possess knowledge of applicable DOT regulations
- Must have attained 6 to 10 years' on the job mechanical experience and/or completion of technical school in related field.
- Must possess basic knowledge of hand tools and equipment
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Licensure to drive a commercial vehicle is preferred but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled