Boyd Gaming CAPTAIN/LEAD BANQUET in Shreveport, Louisiana
Responsible for assigned station and communication with back-of-the-house and front-of-the-house personnel to ensure exceptional banquet service.
- Review guest count and menu by referring to Banquet Event Order (BEO).
- Set tables according to BEO.
- Serve meals and drinks to guests.
- Ensure that all servers and buspersons are performing their duties as assigned.
- Maintain the professional appearance of banquet area (various buffets and food stations).
- Answer questions and relays special requests/complaints to supervisor as appropriate.
- Present, open and pour wine.
- Assist supervisors and managers as needed with tasks associated with event.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions to increase performance and knowledge.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Prior experience in the same or similar position preferred.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Must be able to stand and walk for duration of shift.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull frequently during shift.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary licenses and/or certifications.
Department: SP - Banquet Food
Category: Food and Beverage
Position Code: SPPCLBQ00
Status: Full Time