Boyd Gaming CLERK II HOTEL in Shreveport, Louisiana
Provide guests with a friendly and efficient check-in and check-out experience. Provide guests with general information regarding hotel, amenities, and special events.
- Sell rooms utilizing excellent customer service skills and yield management.
- Resolve customer complaints and answer guest inquiries regarding hotel services, events, directions, local attractions, etc. in a friendly, professional manner.
- Complete all registration forms and computer input.
- Retrieve and distribute room keys.
- Calculate and print hotel bills, and accept payment for various room charges utilizing standard cash and credit procedures.
- Communicate with Executive Hosts regarding hotel stays.
- Utilize computer to run necessary reports.
- Balance all transactions at the end of shift (audit out).
- Operate manual procedures in the event of computer failure.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and minimum 6 months front desk experience.
- Ability to utilize basic office machines and telephone. Minimum typing speed 45 WPM. 10-key experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate with guests and staff in English.
- Knowledge of hotel key system.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Detail oriented and able to multitask.
- Ability to add, subtract, and audit accounts.
- Money handling experience and ability to operate electronic draft system.
- Ability to operate LMS, CMS, and Hot Sauce/Espresso computer systems.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary certifications and/or licenses as required by local gaming regulations.
Department: SP - Rooms
Category: Hotel / Guest Services
Position Code: SPPCL2H00
Status: Full Time