SMG Event Coordinator in Shreveport, Louisiana
POSITION: EVENT COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: Director of Event Services
FLSA STATUS: Salaried Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Event Coordinator at the Shreveport Municipal Auditorium as well as assisting with events at the Shreveport Convention Center as the need arises when there are non-event days at the Municipal Auditorium.
The Event Coordinator provides professional client services support in the planning, organization and management of events within the facility, and monitoring the logistics of these events, and all event coordination tasks after events are booked through the conclusion, by performing personally or through subordinates the following duties:
- Supervises staff and oversees all aspects of facility operations related to events.
- At least 30 days out from the event, communicate with the designated event contact to obtain necessary technical requirements and other event related information.
- Meets with client groups to plan and organize assigned meetings and/or events.
- Coordinates activities with the various service contractors for assigned meetings and/or events.
- Guides clients in preparation of events by interpreting and explaining contract provisions, policies and procedures.
- Keeps clients informed as to status of deadline schedules, including but not limited to floor plan submissions, meeting room set-up specifications, insurance requirements and other relevant details.
- Prepares cost estimates and monitors final billing.
- Provides clear, concise, and timely communication of detailed requirements to operational departments. Assists in scheduling operational set-ups to provide equipment or service's needs.
- Monitors and supervises facility set-up when necessary.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely event detail communication and instruction to operational departments and internal & external entities including schedules, staffing requirements and equipment distribution/usage.
- Assists in training event services staff.
- Serves as primary liaison between clients and facility departments.
- Act as the key facility operational liaison for event promoters, assisting them with planning and organizing events and guiding them by interpreting and explaining contract provisions, policies and procedures.
- Monitors in-house events, maintaining close contact with clients and facility staff to ensure successful events. Follows-up on all client requests, concerns, and problems.
- Attends appropriate planning, organization and other event and facility meetings in support of facility operations.
- Ensure that the equipment, physical set-up and personnel provided meet the requirements of the event and the tenant/promoters' contractual agreement.
- Serves as manager on duty as required.
- All other necessary duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of the principles of facility management, services and equipment for a similar facility management, services and equipment preferred
- Excellent organizational, planning and interpersonal skills
- Good written, verbal and computer skills using
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Demonstrate problem-solving and communication skills
- Proven time/priority management skills deadlines skills as required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Ability to work as part of a team and under limited and minimal supervision and to interact with all levels of staff, including management.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
- Must have the physical ability to maneuver around facility(ies), at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily.
- Ability to quickly navigate facilities, including stairs and seating areas.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration
Apply at: [Link to job posting in RM]
Recruiter: Kelly Hatfield
SMG-Shreveport Convention Center
400 Caddo St.
Shreveport, La. 71101
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 318-841-4243.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled