Boyd Gaming HOST LEAD in Shreveport, Louisiana
Greet and escort restaurant guests to their table based on the number of persons in their party and according to assigned stations. Present menus to guests and describe specials to them. Circulate through restaurant and coordinate the activities of the restaurant personnel to ensure prompt, courteous service.
- Greet and escort guests to their table according to number in party and station assignments.
- Provide menus to guests and inform them of specials.
- Circulate through restaurant and coordinate activities of service personnel to provide fast and courteous service to customers.
- Communicate any changes in business levels with the kitchen.
- Create station assignment worksheet on a daily and/or as-needed basis.
- Assign bus person and food server breaks.
- Inspect and monitor cleanliness of room and compliance with safety and health code regulations.
- Resolve customer complaints; refer complaint to management as appropriate.
- Keep Supervisor informed of all service and employee issues.
- Maintain records of number of guests served during shift, employee absences, or problems with equipment or food service.
- One (1) year of experience preferred.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods during shift.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary licenses and/or certifications.
Department: SP - Cafe Smokey Joe's
Category: Food and Beverage
Position Code: SPPHSTH00
Status: Full Time