SMG Part Time Cook in Shreveport, Louisiana
POSITION: PART-TIME KITCHEN COOK
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
FLSA STATUS: Hourly Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY This position works in the main kitchen and concession stands preparing food items for the facility.
- Fulfilling the service per each Banquet Event Orders (BEO).
- Maintaining all Kitchen equipment cleanliness and annual maintenance.
- Must be creative in designing buffet food presentations.
- Preparing recipes as directed.
- Must take direction well.
- Maintain clean safe working environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Daily contact with the Executive Chef, Captains and other convention center employees.
This position requires stooping and lifting. Substantial standing, walking and lifting. Must be able to lift 30 lbs to the waist.
Works mainly in the main kitchen however, works throughout the building.
- At least (1) year experience in a banquet facility preparing meals for large events.
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to be creative with buffet food presentations and maintain a quality product.
- Attention to detail.
Apply at: [Link to job posting in RM]
Recruiter: Kelly Hatfield
SMG-Shreveport Convention Center
400 Caddo St.
Shreveport, La. 71101
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 318-841-4243.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled