SMG Part Time Event Security in Shreveport, Louisiana
POSITION: PART-TIME EVENT SECURITY
REPORTS TO: Security Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Summary - Provide security protection to employees, staff, and property. Regular attendance in conformance with the policies established by SMG is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide a guest services level of care for employees, clients, and patrons.
- Carry out emergency, safety, and security programs and procedures when necessary.
- Perform foot and vehicle patrols of property. Inspect and report on facility's compliance with safety and security procedures.
- Investigate and report incidents including damage/injury to the facility or employees.
- Assure POD compliance on patrols.
- By direction, provide assignments and permitting for temporary parking.
- By direction, issue facility ID badges.
- Work extended or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position requires walking the facility and grounds
- Position primarily works inside and outside the facility, with some exposure to adverse weather and working conditions.
- May be exposed to physical confrontations.
- Shift work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Absence of felony or violent crime convictions.
- Possession of a valid Louisiana driver's license.
- Applicants must pass criminal background check.
Apply at: [Link to job posting in RM]
Recruiter: Kelly Hatfield
SMG-Shreveport Convention Center
400 Caddo St.
Shreveport, La. 71101
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 318-841-4243.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled