CB&I Shop Maintenance Worker Specialist in Shreveport, Louisiana
Title: Shop Maintenance Worker Specialist
Location: United States-Louisiana-Shreveport
CB&I’s Fabrication Services business unit is currently searching for a Shop Maintenance Worker Specialist at its Shreveport, LA location
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, hammers, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists
- Practices safe hoisting and jacking techniques
- Practices safe use and disposal of solvents
- Replaces parts as needed
- Replaces defective engines or subassemblies, such as transmissions.
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices
- Welds broken parts and structural members
- Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges
- Inspect, repair, and maintain mechanical equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- General electrical, mechanical, plumbing knowledge
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With more than 125 years of experience, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. For more information, visit www.CBI.com.
Job Field: Shop Maintenance
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: Apr 16, 2018, 2:38:01 PM
Requisition ID: 1802724
CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.